Hot air balloon flight over MandalayMandalay
Service:Hot air balloon flight over Mandalay
Operated:Daily. Weather permitting.
- The launch location may vary from day to day depending on wind direction.
- In case of high wind or bad weather full refund will be give if balloon flights get canceled.
Come and fly with us in our small, private balloons, and experience the true Burma from a different perspective. We have no more than two occupants in any of our traditional wicker basket compartments.
During our bespoke flights, your professional and knowledgeable pilot will open up a new horizon of tales and discoveries before you. Drifting with the winds, you will fly low over villages to hear the local people greeting you with waving hands and a friendly ‘Mingalabar’, or climbing high you’ll get an birds-eye view over the entire region.
The Oriental Ballooning team would like to make your visit truly unforgettable by taking you into the skies on one of our exclusive balloon rides. Enjoy a viewpoint that no other form of transport can offer you. Our UK-qualified pilots are skilled at giving you the experience of a lifetime.
The takeoff site will depend on the wind conditions on the day. We currently have many launchsites available, all offering a fantastic view of the city and its temples and people. Your pilots will choose the best site to give you an amazing flight.
You may be lucky enough to launch from next to Mandalay Hill, from our launchsite on the river bank between the two Sagaing bridges gives spetacular views over the river, or fly from the old airport (Chan Mya Tha Zi) in the centre of the city for views of the Royal Lake, the SEA Games football stadium and the whole city panorama.
On our Mandalay flights you will have the unique chance to see this expanding city from a totally different perspective, and experience the busy life on the streets. With monks walking in long lines barefoot on their morning alms round, people flocking to the central market to buy their groceries, and the harbour’s busy life where herds of water buffalos bathe in the stream and ferry boats load up their goods, there is never a minute when life stands still in Mandalay.
Our balloons present you with the best filming and photographic platform to capture the special life in this city and to appreciate that Mandalay is one of Burma’s most rapidly developing towns.
Equally famous as Mandalay hill and on the front cover of most guide books to Myanmar is the U-Bein bridge near Amarapura. This is the world’s longest teak footbridge, gently curving 1,300 yards over the Taungthaman lake.
Winds permitting, the pilot can navigate the balloon low over the water surface creating mesmerizing views and reflections on the calm surface before bringing you back to land nearby.
As with our flights in Bagan, you will of course be served a first-class picnic and celebratory chilled sparkling wine after your flight. Do not miss this outstanding experience.
Every day is different when it come to ballooning. The winds change daily and the weather is affected by the seasons. The sun rises later in December than in October or March.
The following itinerary is an example of what you may experience with Oriental Ballooning, but times and locations will be confirmed the night before your flight. See above for details of some of our launch sites.
- 05:30 – 06:00: We’ll collect you from your hotel in one of our old Landrovers
- 06:00 – 0630: You’ll meet your pilot, and enjoy pre-flight tea, coffee and pastries. You’ll also be given a safety briefing.
- 06:30 – 06:45: Watch as the balloons are prepared by the trained crew and inflated by the experienced British pilots
- 06:45 – 07:00: All aboard! Climb into the basket and prepare to take off.
- 07:00 – 08:00: Enjoy the amazing experience of floating over this beautiful, busy city as it comes to life. Land on the riverbank, in the rice fields, or maybe even on an island in the middle of the river!
- 08:00 – 08:30: Celebrate your safe return to earth with a drink of chilled sparkling wine, served with fruit. Receive your personal flight certificate, signed by your pilot
- 08:30 – 09:00: We’ll return to your hotel in time for breakfast or sightseeing.