Kalaw Elephant Camp Trek – 2 DaysKalaw, Eastern Myanmar
This two days Kalaw elephant camp trekking adventure is a perfect escape to the beautiful nature of Myanmar. Our trek starts from Kalaw where you will meet your Trekking guide. On first day you the trek will lead you trough high lands of Myanmar and you will see different food and tea plantations and local villages along the way.
You will have a chance to spend overnight at a local monastery or home to get in touch with local way of living. The adventure continues next morning to a beautiful lush jungle. Here you will have a chance to observe birds, butterflies and orchids. The feeling of isolation is guaranteed as you trek through narrow jungle trails.
After the days trek you will arrive to the Green Valley Elephant Camp. This is a beautiful place where local elephant handlers “Mahouts” take good care of retired working elephants. You will have a chance to be part of the nursery project when they Mahouts feed and wash the elephants at jungle river.
The camp has also a re-plantation project to make sure this beautiful environment will stay pristine for generations to come. You can be part of the nature preservation program and plant a tree to their forest recovery area. This is truly an Eco-tourism spot to see and experience.
Seeing the local way of living, trekking in most beautiful surroundings and taking care of elephants in their natural environment, this two day adventure will be a great addition to your holiday in Myanmar.
DAY 1: KALAW – TREKKING TO LOCAL VILLAGE
Meet your trekking guide in Kalaw in the morning and start the 6-7 hours walk passing through pine forests, orange and tea plantations and local villages. We will make lunch break at local house or monastery.
In the afternoon we continue to another rural village for an overnight stop. Dinner will be arranged by our local guide.
- Meals included: lunch, dinner
- Overnight stay: In a modest local house or monastery. Mattress, pillow and blankets will be provided.
DAY 2: KALAW – TREKKING TO ELEPHANT CAMP
After breakfast we embark on 5-6 hour forest trek descending to narrow jungle covered valley. Spot butterflies, birds and orchids along the way. On arrival to the elephant camp spend time with the elephants (feeding, washing) before we hike up to the main camp for lunch with panoramic view.
Transfer back to Kalaw in the afternoon.
- Meals included: breakfast, lunch
- Overnight stay: –
01 Oct 14 – 31 March 15
Price per person in shared double/twin room when 2pax traveling: USD 291
Price per person in shared double/twin room when 4pax traveling: USD 284
What’s Included in Trip Costing
- Elephant camp visit (feeding, washing, short riding and taking picture
- Local Trekking guide for trek programs
- Refreshment for welcoming
- Lunch as mentioned in the program (main camp or picnic)
- One soft drink or one local beer during lunch at main camp (inclusive: tea, coffee)
- Drinking water bottles during trek
- Bedding with mosquito net for night stop programs and all meals during trek
- Planting one regional tree for each program
- Porters for trek
What’s Not Included in Trip Costing
- Transport to/from kalaw
- Personal expenses
- Services, not mentioned in the programs