Pindaya Trek – 3 DaysPindaya, Eastern Myanmar
- Rural and remote trails
- Shan hills panoramic scenery
- Giant Banyan tree
- Views over green Shan hills and carst mountains
- Home cooked lunch by our guide
- Village ladies gathered to greet us
- Forest trails
- On the trail over rolling hills
- Few words of Myanmar brings out the smiles
- Shan smiles
- Shy village lady
- Ladies returning to village from collecting firewood
On this trek you will visit some of the off the beaten trails villages within relatively easy access from main tourist sites of Shan state. We trek along unpaved mountain trails and tracks from village to village and stay overnight in a local house in Yasakyi and in a Buddhist monastery in Kanhla Kone villages.
En route you will meet locals, pass through farming regions and forested areas along the mountain range. This is a moderate level trek. Some parts can be steep and strenuous to climb but most of the route is relatively easy going.
DAY 1: PINDAYA – YASAGYI
After breakfast at the hotel, we drive to Yasakyi market to buy supplies for the trek, the last place to stock up for the trip. From the market we transfer to the starting point of the trek at the foot of a mountain range. Our trail follows a moderate climb, passing tea and vegetable plantations to reach Htut Ni village after 1 hour of trekking. The climb continues until arriving to our lunch stop at Sekyi Inn village, approximately 4 hours climb to an altitude of 5000ft. Our guide and support team will prepare a warm lunch at a local house.
We see a bit about local color at Sekyi Inn Village by visiting sites for tea growing and bamboo basket weaving. We continue our climb over the forested slope and spine of the mountain range, followed by a descent to Yasakyi village at the foot of the mountain range. In the afternoon, we have leisure time explore Yasakyi, a Palaung ethnic minority tribe village.
- Trekking: Approximately 6-7 hours in total.
- Meals included: Breakfast at hotel. Lunch and dinner are cooked at local house by our staff.
- Overnight stay: In a local house. Sleeping facilities are local style with simple mattresses on floor with bed linen, pillows and blankets in shared room. Personal mosquito nets are also provided.
DAY 2: YASAGYI – KANHLA KONE VILLAGE
After breakfast, we continue the trek on a small rural road and winding footpaths which contour the forest covered mountain range. After trekking for 1 hour, we pass through Lyin Lay Inn village of the Danu ethnic minority tribe. After another 2 hours of trekking, we pass through Mae Nae Taung Pao village. Our guide and support team will prepare warm lunch at a local house. After the lunch break, we continue with a descent of approximately 3 hours to our night stop at Kanhla Kone village.
- Trekking: Approximately 6 hours in total.
- Meals included: Simple breakfast at monastery. Lunch and dinner are cooked at local house by our staff.
- Overnight stay: In a monastery. Sleeping facilities are local style with simple mattresses on floor with bed linen, pillows and blankets in a shared room. Personal mosquito nets are also provided.
DAY 3: KANHLA KONE TO PINDAYA
After breakfast at the monastery, our trail winds from thick forested regions to lower farming lands. During our 3,5 hours descent to Pindaya, we pass the villages of Htin Shee Kone & Taung Paw Gyi and Shan tea plantations, enjoying great views over the surrounding vast landscape. After lunch in Pindaya, we visit the famous and sacred Pindaya Caves, unique in housing thousands of Buddha images donated by pilgrims and devotees alongside caverns filled with numerous stalactite formations. Our trekking tour ends in Pindaya.
- Trekking: Approximately 3,5 hours in total.
- Meals included: Breakfast at hotel, lunch in Pindaya in a local restaurant
- Overnight stay: –
Accommodation will be provided in a local house/ homestay or monastery in Yasakyi and Kanhla Kone villages. Mattresses, blankets and bed linen and mosquito nets will be provided.
Our support team and guide will take care of meals preparation.
Note: that these are remote local villages with modest facilities. Toilet and bathing facilities are simple and shared with others.
Price per person in shared dormitory style room when 2pax traveling: USD 209
Price per person in shared dormitory style room when 4pax traveling: USD 180
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN OUR COSTING
- English speaking guide/trekking guide & porters (pack light porter weight allowance is around 10kg per pax)
- Private tours and transfers with air conditioned vehicles as specified in our itinerary
- Drinking water & 3 meals per day during trek
- All entrance & permit fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Simple lodging at local houses or monastery (mattress, blanket, bed linen & mosquito net)
NOT INCLUDED IN TRIP COSTING
- Visa to Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for tourists)
- International air fares or domestic air fares (always quoted and mentioned separately from tour package price)
- Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary
- Early check-in, late check-out. Normal check out time from hotels in Myanmar is 11am or 12 o’clock noon
- Expenses of personal nature
- Drinks during meals, hotel extras and personal spending
- Camera & video fees. Some of the sites visited may ask small fees for photographing and video recording.
- Travel insurance
- Tips & gratuities