RV Paukan 1947Mandalay, Bhamo
About Paukan 1947 (Formerly RV Pandaw 1947)
The Pandaw (as it was originally named) is an original colonial era twin screw steamer, built in 1947. The famous shipbuilding company of Yarrow & Co. of Clyde on the River in Glasgow built the Pandaw for the Irrawaddy Flotilla Company.
Arriving in Myanmar in 1950, under the ownership of the Inland Water Transport Board (IWTB) she ran on the Irrawaddy River from Mandalay to Bhamo, one of the most popular routes on this great river. She began a luxury life as a passenger cruiser in 1998, under the management of a new Irrawaddy Flotilla Company and was taken over in 2003 by Ayravata Cruises after extensive renovations and refurbishing.
The vessel was renamed Rv Paukan1947 in the 2011 on board. There are altogether 16 teak-walled deluxe cabins with proper beds and hot and cold showers. There is one main deck with cabins, an upper deck with cabins and a dining room at the stern and a salon at the prow.