This guided tour will introduce you to the cultural highlights and most famous destinations in Myanmar. From the bustling streets of Yangon to the awe-inspiring temple plains of Bagan.
Great tour for first time visitors to Myanmar. You will get to see all the most famous sites of the country in leisurely pace. Starting from colonial quarters of Yangon you will journey to ancient kingdom Bagan and continue up along Irrawaddy River to last royal capital Mandalay which is a perfect base for exploring old kingdoms Sagaing, Ava and Amarapura nearby. Meet the minorities at local markets and visit charming villages built on stilts over and on the shores of Inle Lake. Complete the tour with a visit to magical Golden Rock a popular pilgrimage site for the locals teeming with life and special athmosphere.
At a glance
- Colonial Yangon & Swedagon Pagoda
- Temples of Ancient Kingdom of Bagan
- Mandalay artisans, market & cultural heritage
- Royal Capitals Sagaing, Inwa & Amarapura
- Mesmerizing Inle Lake, minorities, boat trips & vinery
- Local train ride to Bago & meeting locals
- Peculiarly balancing Golden Rock
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrival and settling into Yangon
- DAY 2: Sightseeing in Yangon
- DAY 3: Flight to Bagan & Bagan highlights
- DAY 4: Sightseeing in Bagan
- DAY 5: Flight to Mandalay. Mandalay city sights
- DAY 6: Irrawaddy day cruise & Royal capitals
- DAY 7: Flight to Heho and boat excursions on Inle
- DAY 8: Inle Lake highlights, Inn Thein
- DAY 9: Inle sights and flight to Yangon
- DAY 10: Bago train ride & drive to Golden Rock
- DAY 11: Drive to Yangon & sightseeing on the way
- DAY 12: Depart Yangon
Arrival to Yangon. Warm welcome by your hosts at the airport and transfer to hotel. Today you will visit national hero’s home museum, exiled mughal king’s tomb and enjoy a trishaw bicycle taxi ride through local neighborhood. End the day with candle lighting ceremony by the Shwedagon pagoda.
Yangon walking tour in old quarter exploring city highlights and fascinating stories. Afternoon flight to Bagan.
Your will introduce to magnificent Bagan and its most beautiful and impressive temples. We are happy to include our favourites to the days itinerary.
Enjoy a horse or bullock cart ride through Bagan’s archeological zone and end the day with sunset spotting.
Bagan was for centuries one of the greatest kingdoms in Asia where thousands of temples remain on the shores of the mighty Irrawaddy River as a reminder of the bygone glory.
Today your guide will take you on an E-bike tour to explore some of the hidden treasures of Bagan. Late afternoon embark on a sunset cruise on the (Irrawaddy) Ayeyarwaddy River.
Morning flight to Mandalay. Today you will explore Mandalay’s markets, artisan quarters and sacred sites and enjoy sunset view from the top of Mandalay Hill towering above the city.
Visit ancient royal capitals near Mandalay Ava, Amarapura and Mingun and the world’s longest teak wood bridge Ubein.
Flight from Mandalay to Heho and transfer to Inle Lake. See how shan paper and umbrellas are made and spend the afternoon on the lake.
Journey out by boat along small river to Inn Thein Pagoda Complex, a site that makes us feel as if we’ve stepped through a forgotten portal in time.
On the back to lake visit Phaungdaw Oo Pagoda and Inpawkhon weaving village to learn how local silks, linens and lotus fabrics are handmade. End the day with magnificent sunset canoe ride.
Morning visit to Red Mountain Estate to tour of the lush vineyard situated on the side of mountain.
Taste some of Myanmar’s premiere wines. Afternoon flight to Yangon. In the evening if you have the energy, explore lively restaurant and bar street.
Morning train journey to Bago. Visit a local monastery where monks are preparing for lunch. Drive to Golden Rock base camp and take a truck with locals up the mountain.
Return to base camp after last views of the Golden Rock and drive to Bago. Visit cultural and off the ordinary highlights of the town; snake temple, herbal medicine shop and a nat spirit tree where locals bring their new cars for a blessings.
Breakfast at your hotel and free time until transfer to Yangon airport for your onward flight.
Modern city hotel in Yangon with excellent location. Jasmine Palace Hotel presents good value and high standards is the perfect base for exploring the city’s highlights.
Charming garden resort near Old Bagan. Hotel Umbra is one of our favourite hotels in Bagan. It was recently renovated and reconstructed. Particularly the Grand deluxe rooms are nice with modern and spacious facilities.
HOTEL NYAUNG SHWE
Opened in 2017. Hotel in Nyaung Shwe is comfortable and well appointment hotel on the shore of Inle Lake within short walk away from boat jetty, market and various town services.
MANDALAY MAGIC HOTEL
New modern style hotel with roof top swimming pool and great views over the city. Mandalay Magic Hotel opened in October 2017 and boasts with modern facilities and friendly service. The hotel is located 10min drive away from Mahamuni temple and other city highlights.
- Private tours and transfers with air-conditioned vehicles as specified in our itinerary
- 2 bottles of water & 2 refreshing towels per passenger per day
- Lodging with breakfast as specified in the itinerary
- Luggage handling fees at airports
- Entrance fees or zone fees
- English speaking guide(other languages guide can be provide with additional charges)
What's Not Included
- Visa to Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for tourists)
- All entrance fees or zone fees
- Domestic Airfares (always quoted and mentioned separately from tour package price)
- International air fares
- Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary
- Peak season surcharges & Compulsory dinners during Xmas & New Year’s
- Early check-in, late check-out. Normal check out time from hotels in Myanmar is 11am or 12 o’clock noon
- Drinks during meals, hotel extras and expenses of personal nature
- Camera & video fees. Some of the sites visited may ask small fees for photographing and video recording.
Tips & gratuities
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
About This Tour
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT