This guided tour will introduce you to the cultural highlights and most famous destinations in Myanmar. From the bustling streets of Yangon to the awe-inspiring temple plains of Bagan.
Experience the most famous sights of Myanmar on this guided journey. Your trip starts from British administration constructed capital city, Yangon (Rangoon); where we visit the magnificent gold plate and gemstone decorated Swedagon pagoda; take a stroll through quaint old quarter of Yangon enjoying sights and sounds of this bustling city.
Our journey continues northbound to Ancient Kingdom of Bagan, the greatest archeological treasure of Myanmar with over 4000 pagodas and temples ruins located on the plains Bagan by Ayeyarwaddy River (Irrawaddy). Bagan was during its heyday one the greatest kingdoms in the World and is truly a magical destination to visit.
From Bagan we continue to rural Shan State and beautiful Inle Lake region inhabited by minority peoples. By Inle we visit markets, floating gardens and cultural highlights on the lake and vicinity. From Shan State we fly back to Yangon and finish our tour in this thriving economic heart of the country.
At a glance
- Colonial Yangon & Swedagon Pagoda
- Temples of Ancient Kingdom of Bagan
- Mesmerizing Inle Lake, minorities & boat trips
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrival. Yangon sights and highlights
- DAY 2: Flight to Bagan. Bagan temples & arts
- DAY 3: Bagan local life & e-biking
- DAY 4: Flight to Heho & boat excursion on Inle Lake
- DAY 5: Indein, Cottage Industries, leg rowers boat ride
- DAY 6: Free time to explore lake. Pm flight to Yangon
- DAY 7: Transfer to Yangon airport for your flight
On arrival to Yangon airport, you will be welcomed by Discovery DMC guide with a sign board and your name on it. Transfer to your hotel for check-in. After freshening up we will visit some of Yangon’s highlights; including colonial heritage buildings and bustling markets.
We complete the day with a visit to one of the world’s most spectacular monuments, the Shwedagon Pagoda, a gold covered bell dome structure that dominates the city’s skyline.
After breakfast, transfer to Yangon domestic airport for a 1hr flight to Nyaung U/Bagan. Upon arrival we start our journey to Ancient Kingdoms of Bagan with visits to the areas main temples including the Dhamayazeka Zedi for a panoramic view of the temple studded plains of Bagan. We will also learn how Bagan’s famous sand paintings and lacquer ware crafts are produced during our visits to Htilominlo Temple and Myingaba Village. We conclude the day’s sightseeing with a horse or bullock cart to witness a magical sunset behind the temples (weather permitting).
Today we’ll set off on a guided tour exploring the back roads, villages and off the beaten trails temples of Bagan on E-bikes. E-bikes are easy and fun to drive. The ride will be mix of paved and small dirt roads to experience authentic local life. Afternoon will be free time for optional activities or own explorations and adventures in Bagan. In the late afternoon, we transfer to the Ayeyarwaddy (Irrawaddy) River for a private sunset cruise where local cocktails can be enjoyed on board along with views of the temple silhouettes and bustling shore.
Our guides are flexible. All touring schedules and activities can be adjusted according to guests’ wishes
Enjoy breakfast and then transfer to the Bagan airport for the flight to Heho a quiet transit town with one of the few airport links in the beautiful hills of Shan State. Visit the bustling main Heho market, the meeting point for different ethnic minority groups of the surrounding areas to trade handmade goods and locally grown produce (on market days only). Next, we take a 1-hour drive to Inle Lake that descends through the valley with views of the Shan mountains and rice paddy fields. After checking into the hotel, we embark on afternoon explorations of Inle Lake, populated with floating islands and gardens made from the naturally tangled roots of water hyacinth plants and reeds. Delight in the picturesque sights of fishermen who balance and row with one leg, a technique indigenous to the Inn Thar minority group who do this only on Inle Lake.
After breakfast we journey out by boat, following the currents of a small river to reach the Inn Thein Pagoda Complex, a site that makes us feel as if we’ve stepped through a forgotten portal in time. To access the complex, we walk through verdant bamboo groves that open up to a field covered with the ancient pagodas constructed over 1,000 years ago. We boat back to the lake and visit Phaungdaw Oo Pagoda, the home of some of the country’s most sacred Buddha statues covered in gold leaf by devout followers. We also make a visit to the Inpawkhon weaving village to learn how local silks, linens and lotus fabrics are handmade and crafted. We end our day with magnificent sunset canoe ride with boatmen who gracefully navigate and row perched on one leg.
Free time for exploring the Inle lake in the morning. After lunch in Nyaung Shwe we drive 1 hour to Heho airport for afternoon flight to Yangon. Upon arrival to Yangon we transfer to our hotel. Rest of the evening is free for relaxing & own Yangon explorations.
Breakfast at your hotel and free time until transfer to Yangon airport for your onward flight.
- Private tours and transfers with air-conditioned vehicles as specified in our itinerary
- 2 bottles of water & 2 refreshing towels per passenger per day
- Lodging with breakfast as specified in the itinerary
- Luggage handling fees at airports
- Entrance fees or zone fees
- English speaking guide(other languages guide can be provide with additional charges)
What's Not Included
- Visa to Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for tourists)
- All entrance fees or zone fees
- Domestic Airfares (always quoted and mentioned separately from tour package price)
- International air fares
- Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary
- Peak season surcharges & Compulsory dinners during Xmas & New Year’s
- Early check-in, late check-out. Normal check out time from hotels in Myanmar is 11am or 12 o’clock noon
- Drinks during meals, hotel extras and expenses of personal nature
- Camera & video fees. Some of the sites visited may ask small fees for photographing and video recording.
Tips & gratuities
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
About This Tour
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT