Embark on a guide tour to Lashio, in North Eastern Shan State, a truly off the beaten path destination, where stunning landscapes, diverse ethnic minorities and plenty of adventure await intrepid travelers.
The countryside surrounding Lashio is abundant with hidden natural beauty. During your eco adventure you will trek through verdant prime forests, paddle board on a tranquil lake, explore fascinating limestone caves and swim under jaw dropping waterfalls. You will also have the opportunity to observe and learn about the diverse ethnic tribes in the region and spend a night as guests at a traditional Shan Village.
At a glance
- Jungle treks through prime forests
- Ethnic encounters in colorful minority villages
- Swim under spectacular waterfalls
- Paddle board on a mesmerizing lake
- Visit bustling markets in Lashio Town
- Take a scenic train journey across Shan State to Hsipaw
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Flight from Yangon to Lashio
- DAY 2: Full day adventure in Lashio
- DAY 3: Full day adventure in Lashio
- DAY 4: Train to Hsipaw
- DAY 5: Drive to Mandalay with a stopover in Pyin Oo Lwin
Arrive at Lashio airport in the afternoon, where you will be met by your local guide. We check into you hotel and then the adventure starts with a 30min drive from Lashio into the surrounding hillside. We arrive at a serene reservoir, an oasis surrounded by verdant greenery. Packed lunch will be served after which you can spend the rest of the day paddle boarding on the calm waters of the reservoir. In the afternoon we drive back to Lashio and if time allows we can stop by ethnic villages on the way. In Lashio have the evening to spend at your leisure. The lively night market in the center of town is highly recommended.
After breakfast at your hotel, we begin the day with a walk through the bustling Lashio market where you can observe ethnic minority ladies in their decorative garments trading their produce from their respective hill tribe villages. After visiting the morning market the day’s adventure starts with a 45min drive from Lashio across rural landscapes and through Palaung, Lahu and Lisu minority villages. After a snack in local tea shop and briefing, we take a 15min hike to a spectacular waterfall. This natural water park is at its best from December to May when currents are not too strong for swimming. The rest of the day we spend exploring hidden caverns and cascades and enjoy swimming in refreshing natural pools. Packed lunch will be served by the falls. In the late afternoon we head back to Lashio, where you can rest and enjoy free time in the evening.
After breakfast we drive out of Lashio to a beautiful prime forest area. Here we embark on a jungle trek and ascend up into the hills where stunning vistas of rural Lashio await. Our trek ends at a reservoir, an oasis surrounded by verdant greenery. Packed lunch will be served after which you can spend the rest of the day paddle boarding on the calm waters of the reservoir. In the afternoon we drive back to Lashio and if time allows we can stop by ethnic villages on the way.
After an early wake up, we continue from Lashio by train to the town of Hsipaw. The train journey is considered one of the most scenic in Myanmar if not all of South East Asia. Once we arrive in Hsipaw, we will explore the highlights of the town and its surroundings.
On our final day, we set off by car to Mandalay. During the drive through the hilly Shan countryside we make a stop in Pyin Oo Lwin, the former summer capital of the British Raj. In town we explore the highlights and stop for lunch. In the late afternoon we continue our journey and arrive in Mandalay by the evening.
- Private tours and transfers with air-conditioned vehicles as specified in our itinerary
- 2 bottles of water & 2 refreshing towels per passenger per day
- Lodging with breakfast as specified in the itinerary
- Luggage handling fees at airports
- Entrance fees or zone fees
- English speaking guide(other languages guide can be provide with additional charges)
What's Not Included
- Visa to Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for tourists)
- All entrance fees or zone fees
- Domestic Airfares (always quoted and mentioned separately from tour package price)
- International air fares
- Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary
- Peak season surcharges & Compulsory dinners during Xmas & New Year’s
- Early check-in, late check-out. Normal check out time from hotels in Myanmar is 11am or 12 o’clock noon
- Drinks during meals, hotel extras and expenses of personal nature
- Camera & video fees. Some of the sites visited may ask small fees for photographing and video recording.
Tips & gratuities
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
About This Tour
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT