This guided tour will introduce you to the cultural highlights and most famous destinations in Myanmar. From the bustling streets of Yangon to the awe-inspiring temple plains of Bagan.
Our Myanmar Express tour covers most of the must see cultural highlights of the country. Starting from Mandalay you will get to visit the old royal capitals in Mandalay, Ava, Amarapura and Sagaing. Venturing southbound along Irrawaddy River you will reach Bagan, a magnificent site of thousands of temples littered across vast arid plains. Our last stop of the tour is Yangon, former capital city and economic heart of the nation. Yangon is true smorgasboard new and old and a fascinating city in transition.
Note: You can conveniently combine beaches and extension tours to make any duration Myanmar tour you wish.
At a glance
- Temples of Ancient Kingdom of Bagan
- Mandalay artisans, market & cultural heritage
- Royal Capitals Inwa & Amarapura
- Picturesque sunsets by Ubein bridge
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Mandalay arrival
- DAY 2: Full day visit to Ava, Sagaing, and Amarapura
- DAY 3: Fly Bagan temples & highlights
- DAY 4: Bagan, E-biking
- DAY 5: Flight to Yangon
- DAY 6: Departure
On arrival to Yangon airport, you will be welcomed by Discovery DMC guide with a sign board and your name on it. Transfer to your hotel for check-in. After freshening up we will visit some of Yangon’s highlights; including colonial heritage buildings and bustling markets.
We complete the day with a visit to one of the world’s most spectacular monuments, the Shwedagon Pagoda, a gold covered bell dome structure that dominates the city’s skyline.
We visit old royal capitals near Mandalay. In Ava horse carriage ride exploring old monasteries and ruins. Continue to Sagaing hills to visit epicentre of Buddhism in the region. End the day with a visit to Amarapura and sunset spotting by iconic Ubein Bridge.
Flight to Bagan. Guided tour to the most famous and most impressive temples in Bagan. Late afternoon horse carriage ride to one of the temples to enjoy sunset.
After breakfast, we begin our leisurely half day biking excursion around Bagan. During our 15-20km circuit we visit some temple sites, off-the-beaten trails local neighborhoods, monastic school and a local market.
Flight to Yangon. Spend rest of the day exploring Yangon. Walking tour in the old quarter, visit Scotts market and mother of all temples and stupas, the gold and gems decorated Shwedagon Pagoda rising tall over the city.
At your leisure in Yangon. Airport transfer for your onward flight.
Modern city hotel in Yangon with excellent location. Jasmine Palace Hotel presents good value and high standards is the perfect base for exploring the city’s highlights.
Charming garden resort near Old Bagan. Hotel Umbra is one of our favourite hotels in Bagan. It was recently renovated and reconstructed. Particularly the Grand deluxe rooms are nice with modern and spacious facilities.
Victoria Palace Hotel is good comfort class hotel located in Mandalay City. The hotel was opened in 2017 and features all modern comforts and spacious rooms.
- Private tours and transfers with air-conditioned vehicles as specified in our itinerary
- 2 bottles of water & 2 refreshing towels per passenger per day
- Lodging with breakfast as specified in the itinerary
- Luggage handling fees at airports
- Entrance fees or zone fees
- English speaking guide(other languages guide can be provide with additional charges)
What's Not Included
- Visa to Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for tourists)
- All entrance fees or zone fees
- Domestic Airfares (always quoted and mentioned separately from tour package price)
- International air fares
- Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary
- Peak season surcharges & Compulsory dinners during Xmas & New Year’s
- Early check-in, late check-out. Normal check out time from hotels in Myanmar is 11am or 12 o’clock noon
- Drinks during meals, hotel extras and expenses of personal nature
- Camera & video fees. Some of the sites visited may ask small fees for photographing and video recording.
Tips & gratuities
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
About This Tour
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT