Join us on this once in a life time trek to meet these extraordinary people and discover the remarkable tribal lands of the Naga.
Embark on a guided trek deep into the tribal regions of Naga Land. This trek takes us to the remote villages of the Kesan Tribe, where ancient Naga traditions endure amongst a backdrop of stunning mountain ranges. The Kesan are proud and friendly people, strongly attached to their traditional ways of living but warm and welcoming to visitors from the outside world. This is a region that very few travelers have ever visited and makes for one of the most authentic and unique travel experienced anywhere in the world.
At a glance
- Journey to a remote region very few intrepid travelers have explored
- Trek above the clouds, across beautiful hilly landscapes dotted with ancient villages
- Meet the proud and friendly people of the Naga tribes
- Learn of their fascinating culture and observe their traditions and customs
- Overnight as honorable guests at village houses
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Flight from Mandalay to Hkamti
- DAY 2: Overland drive to Naga Territory
- DAY 3-8: Trekking and Overnight stays at Naga Villages
- DAY 9: Return to Hkamti
- DAY 10: Flight to Mandalay
You will be picked up from your hotel in Mandalay and transferred to the domestic airport. We set off on a flight to Hkamti, the biggest settlement in the Naga Land region. In the evening you will have free time to explore the settlement and we will overnight at a local guesthouse.
We begin the day with early morning food shopping and stocking up on supplies at a local market. Then we cross Chindwin River by boat and drive overland to a village inhabited by the Lai Naun Nagas and overnight as guests of the village.
We say our farewells and embark on a full day trek to Kesan Kalan village. The day is spent traversing through stunning mountain ranges and pristine landscapes. After a long day’s journey, we arrive at the village in the late afternoon and will be met by our hosts.
We spent the whole day at the Kesan Kalan village, one of the most remote settlements amongst the Naga tribes. The village elders have kept up the traditions and customs of the Naga and the life here has changed very little in centuries. The friendly villages will proudly show us around and demonstrate their traditional activities including the weaving of naga blankets.
Today we embark on a day trek to Laungkyan village. The Laungkyan are another tribe belonging to the Kesan group with similar traditions and strong adherence to traditional ways of life. During our trek through the beautiful Naga landscape we’ll come across mountain cultivation fields and learn how the Kesan prevail in these remote regions. At Kaungkyan village, we’ll see beautiful wood carvings decorating the village houses, observer the villagers producing black gun powder used in hunting and listen to sound huge ceremonial log drums played during festivals. From the village, the surrounding hilly landscape is awe inspiring and the border line with India is visible. In the afternoon we trek back to Kesan Kalan to spend the night.
Today we travel on the back of motorbikes through the stunning landscape to another Kesan village where we will spent the night.
We spend the full day at the Kesan village. We’ll visit traditional Naga long houses that can house up to 15 families, local granaries and cultivation fields and just soak in the daily life of the Naga people. The views of the surrounding landscape of hills and fields are beautiful and the village is often above the cloud line, creating a magical sight.
Today we embark by care to the town of Lahe, a more developed Naga settlement. After the full day’s journey, we will explore the town and surroundings.
We return to the settlement of Hkamti.
Return flight to Mandalay and transfer to your hotel.
- Private tours and transfers with vehicles as specified in our itinerary
- Lodging as specified in the itinerary
- Luggage handling fees at airports
- Entrance fees or zone fees
- English speaking guide(other languages guide can be provide with additional charges)
What's Not Included
- Visa to Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for tourists)
- All entrance fees or zone fees
- Domestic Airfares (always quoted and mentioned separately from tour package price)
- International air fares
- Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary
- Peak season surcharges & Compulsory dinners during Xmas & New Year’s
- Early check-in, late check-out. Normal check out time from hotels in Myanmar is 11am or 12 o’clock noon
- Drinks during meals, hotel extras and expenses of personal nature
- Camera & video fees. Some of the sites visited may ask small fees for photographing and video recording.
Tips & gratuities
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
About This Tour
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT